Chapter 524

Frederick, MD.
A 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Est. 1975

Cub Work Session #280

A good turnout today resulted in a lot getting done. Last time it was decided that the brakes needed more fluid. So today the front seat sling had to come back out in order to get to the reservoirs. Once the fluid was added, Raegan did a nice job of putting the sling back together. Then she climbed in to help test the brakes. (She made getting in and out look so easy!) The final grommet was installed in the eyebrow baffles, finishing that job. Meanwhile, Chris brought in plexiglass to rough cut for the side windows. He will finish them using a sanding tool at work. Peter patiently finished the job of removing the very sticky protective material from the sliding side window, so it is now ready to install. Seat belts were another focus this morning. After some considerable effort, both lap belts have now been installed. It seems the shoulder harness installation will require some additional hardware which we will look at next time. A lot of time and effort was also devoted to installing the windshield. It had been recommended that we line the bottom channel with electrical tape to form a more waterproof seal. After much struggle, we determined that the thickness of the tape was preventing the windshield from seating properly in position, so we removed it. The windshield is now close to being permanently installed. Dean came by and took Raegan up for a flight in his Glasair. The next work session will be Wednesday, September 4th at 9:00.
1 - 8 of 8 Photos
Rss_feed

Recent Videos

No recent videos
Hints for Homebilders videos at eaa.org