Chapter 524

Frederick, MD.
A 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Est. 1975

Cub Work Session #270

The intent today was to start making the connections to the engine through the firewall. The first thing we discovered, however, was that the carburetor was on backwards. We discovered that piece of bad news in the process of looking at photos of the old installation. So the carburetor and the carb air box had to come off, be separated, and then the whole thing put back together. Lots of bolts and even more safety wire. But all is now right with the carburetor. The next discovery was our new fuel line has the wrong type fitting on the carburetor end. So Jerry got on the phone to Aircraft Spruce to order a new one. Meanwhile, our new member Katie worked on cutting and installing the small rubber hose cushions that go on the engine mount where the cowlings attach. She also started figuring out how the seat slings go in. Cotter pins were also added to the tail wheel spring connectors, finalizing that installation. The next work session will be Wednesday, July 24th at 9:00.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Photos
Rss_feed

Recent Videos

No recent videos
Hints for Homebilders videos at eaa.org