Assembly of the engine began today, but was almost immediately brought to a halt by a problem. After cleaning the grease off the crankshaft, we did measurements and prepared to mount the connecting rods. The rods come in two pieces joined together by a pair of special bolts. We discovered that the bolts were just slightly larger than the holes they were supposed to go through. We tried heating the connecting rod and freezing the bolts, but to no avail. Jerry got on the phone to several knowledgeable people and finally got the answer that we should just ream out the holes. So Jerry took the assemblies home to let his son, who has the proper tools, perform that task. Meanwhile, some more painting got done. And Chris found a person to fabricate a new shroud for the exhaust pipe. We spent the rest of our time cleaning up for the chapter meeting tomorrow night. The next work session will be Saturday, December 9th at 9:30.